Sense Recruitment Respects Your Privacy
Sense Recruitment is bound by the National Privacy Principles (NPPs) contained by the Privacy Act 1988.
Collecting Personal Information
We only collect personal information that is necessary to deliver our services, including recruiting and consulting, or that is required for administration, invoicing and networking.
Sense Recruitment collects personal information about you when you request our services, including first and last name, street address, phone number, email address, tax file number, banking details, next of kin, working visa, opinions and other information that could be used to provide you our recruitment or consulting services. It also includes personal information provided in resumes such as references, education, employment qualifications, memberships and competencies. We collect personal details over the phone, by letter and/or via electronic means. Information is also collected from other parties, e.g., when conducting reference checks.
Sense Recruitment will not collect or monitor personal information about you without your consent unless we believe it is necessary
- Because it is required by law.
- To provide you a service which you have requested.
- To protect the rights or property of Sense Recruitment.
- To lessen a serious threat to a person’s health or safety.
Personal information will not be knowingly collected from a minor without their parent’s consent.
Sense Recruitment will not ask an individual to provide sensitive personal information in a place where other people can overhear.
Using and Disclosing Personal Information
Sense Recruitment recognise the trust that individuals place in us when they give us personal information. We will not sell, transfer, assign or rent your personal information. In order to deliver the service(s) you have requested, Sense Recruitment may sometimes share your personal information with an affiliate, subsidiary, potential employers or third-party service providers from time to time. Such service providers may be located overseas. As part of the outsourcing arrangement with a service provider, they may need access to some of your personal information. Sense Recruitment take reasonable steps to ensure that terms of service with our service providers recognise that we are bound by obligations under the Privacy Act to protect the privacy of your personal information and that they will not do anything that would cause us to breach those obligations. We will not otherwise disclose your personal information to others without your explicit consent unless it is required by law.
If an individual indicates they do not want to receive further direct marketing or be contacted for marketing purposes by phone, fax, email, letter or in person, Sense Recruitment has an effective system in place to record these requests and will action these as appropriate.
Sense Recruitment reserves the right to disclose an individual’s personal information to a responsible person, a close relative or others with a close relationship to that individual where it is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious or imminent threat to the individual’s life, health or safety.
Keeping Information Accurate, Complete and Up to Date
While keeping in mind why the information is being collected, Sense Recruitment takes reasonable steps to make sure that the information is accurate, complete and up-to-date at the time of collection and when used or disclosed.
Sense Recruitment takes reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from loss, unauthorised access, and misuse, including by means of physical and electronic security measures.
We have implemented appropriate and reasonable technical and organisational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorised third parties will not be able to defeat our security and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our services is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
We may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents (‘third parties’) who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. We have contracts in place with our third parties, which are designed to help safeguard your personal information. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do it. They will also not share your personal information with any organisation apart from us. They also commit to protect the data they hold on our behalf and to retain it for the period we instruct.
The categories of third parties we may share personal information with are as follows:
- Cloud Computing Services (Recruitment, Payroll)
- VEVO and CV CHECK (Identity, Visa)
- Data Storage Service Providers
- Website Hosting Service Providers
- Finance & Accounting Tools
Documents and papers are stored and locked under key until they are no longer required. When electronic information is no longer required it is permanently destroyed. When physical information is no longer required it is placed in a locked confidential security bin and destroyed or shredded. In addition, our employees and data processors are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
Your personal information may be stored in hard copy documents, or electronically on our software or systems. If you suspect any misuse, loss or unauthorised access please contact the Privacy Officer immediately at email@example.com.
Openness About Information Handling Practices
Access and Correction
Personal information that is collected is available for access and correction at any time.
Sense Recruitment takes reasonable steps to correct information if an individual shows that it is not accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Sense Recruitment may deny access to some information providing access would have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of other individuals. Additionally, individuals will not have access to employee records.
Before access to personal information is granted to an individual their identity needs to be established. The individual is required to request the information in person or to provide personal details that can be used to identify them.
Wherever it is lawful and practical, individuals will have the option of not identifying themselves when entering into transactions with Sense Recruitment.
Trans border Data Flow
Sense Recruitment will only transfer personal information outside Australia if Sense Recruitment believes that the recipient of the information is subject to a law, binding scheme or contract which effectively upholds principles for fair handling of the information that are substantially similar to the National Privacy Principles.
- I understand and agree that the information I have provided at interview, to Sense Recruitment, will be used to assess my suitability for employment for the position in question or other positions that arise that may fit my capabilities and qualifications.
- I understand that information contained in my resume or from interview notes, psychological assessment as well as referee comments, can and/or may be conveyed to prospective employers.
- I also understand and require that I will be notified before my information is passed to a prospective employer other than the position(s) to which I have applied in this instance.
- I give permission for my information to be retained by Sense Recruitment for consideration for future positions.
- I understand that referees I have provided or will provide may be contacted and information provided by those referees may be used to assist in assessing my suitability for this or other roles.
- I accept that any information may be transferred overseas for the purpose of seeking a position but only if Sense Recruitment reasonably believes the information will be granted a similar level of protection as under the new Privacy Act.
- I give permission for my information to be shared with selected affiliated recruiting companies, but only with my knowledge and permission.
- I declare that I have valid Australian work rights and/or the appropriate visa to legally work in Australia. Should there be any changes to this I will inform Sense Recruitment Immediately.
- As a contractor (employee) of Sense Recruitment, I understand that The Fair Work Act 2009 (the Act) requires an employer to make and keep certain employee records relating to remuneration, hours of work and leave entitlements for seven years. Current and former employees have the right to access their own records. Fair Work Inspectors must also be allowed to access employee records, and union officials may also access records and personal information in certain circumstances.
Sense Recruitment Commitment
Sense Recruitment will ensure that your information is kept in secure storage within Sense Recruitment offices, offsite at a specialised secure storage facility or held in our secure cloud recruitment and payroll applications (JobAdder, Astute, Xero) and network (Microsoft) and are only disclosed to those parties agreed to by you.